Boynton Cares consists of a group of Boynton Beach residents from the Heart of Boynton Beach Association that understand the importance and value of family caregivers in Boynton Beach. Caregivers are selfless people that are often times overlooked for their dedication in a providing care for their love one. Caregivers are faced with many stressors that can cause illnesses like high blood pressure, depression and mental illness.
Many caregivers do not self-identify and the goal is to raise awareness about family caregiving in the Heart of Boynton Beach by:
• Promoting Healthier Boynton Beach in the Heart of Boynton.
• Identifying 100+ caregivers for the caregiver registry.
• Identifying 100+ caregivers to complete surveys.
• Sharing information and resources with residents.
• Recruiting participants for trainings and educational opportunities.
• Hosting social events and activities to relief stress that comes with being a caregiver.
The Heart of Boynton was established more than 20 years ago. Throughout the years, the organization has provided local events and activities to the community (Black Awareness, Heritage Celebration, Night of Joy, Unity in the Community). The group also has provided meals toy drives to families during holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas), as well as gone door-to-door to deliver food and information about community resources. In addition, members participated in voter registration drives in the community and encouraged residents to register and vote.
The Heart of Boynton purpose is to improve the neighborhood through democratic citizen participation & involvement.